Friday, November 16, 2007

hair wall

It looks like I am finally going to take the plunge and try out a new hairdresser. Frank pretty much only cuts hair twice a week (yup... that would translate to two lucky, long term clients that know when he is around and when he in the mood to cut hair.. I guess when you have been at it a long time, and have a lot of other irons in the fire beyond cutting hair, you can call your own hours... plus he apparently now suffers from arthritis in his hands.. truth is... he enjoys the business end of the hair biz a lot more than the cutting.. fair enough... I guess I have had enough warning..) and I thought maybe, just maybe, he may be cutting hair at a time I may be able to get in to see him... but alas. Say it isn't so. He only cuts wed-thur-fri mornings (which I will always be working now.. my day off is monday not friday in the NWO)... if he is the mood and his hands don't hurt.

So, there it is.

I guess I take that leap of faith and try out the new dude. I was thinking of going to a guy in the city... but that makes a new hair dresser just as inconvenient to get to as Frank is... which really isn't a help. So I know of a guy (one of Frank's proteges, surprise surprise) at one of Frank's local shops (Frank and his best friend Carm have created a small conglomerate of salons all over the valley) which means it isn't a "big deal" to get in for a cut when the mood strikes.

Like now. It is time. I need a cut. Hell, I needed a cut a few months ago, and the last time I trimmed my bangs I don't think I did such a great job. Perhaps by this time tomorrow, I may be sporting a slightly new and improved "do". Stranger things have been known to happen.

No comments: