Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A bunch of sickies

The year's first really big cold is upon us, and I taking a few days off of work. Which is mildly stressful, considering that I have barely been at my new job a month. A little stressful, but the wee guy comes first. He has had a cold that has been clinging on, and has gone in to his chest a bit. The doc listening, and poked and prodded, doing his thing, and said that I have a "Happy Wheezer" and that he was sick, but not as bad as some of the kids that get it. He has a cold that has turned into an upper-respiratory virus so he has puffers to help him out, and antibiotics as an insurance policy. *SIGH*. Poor guy.

I think my eyes almost popped out of my head when the doc said to keep him out of daycare the rest of the week!! I felt half guilty as I filled his prescription, and half relieved just to get a handle on his cold. It's so much harder when it isn't you that is sick, and it is your kids or hubby, when you try to heal, but it is out of your control.

Last night he was up a lot, coughing, and just not happy. I am overtired, and catching the same cold. And worried about work. I did get an email back from my boss, and she was really cool about it all, but still frustrating that it is out of my hands, and ultimately, I am making the right decision making sure our guy gets well. I guess it goes with the territory of having a toddler. They get sick. Considering every thing new that he has experienced in the last while, it is no wonder.

No comments: