Friday, November 6, 2009

My new BFF: the slow cooker

Knowing I have to go back to work once again when my maternity leave is over next year, I am trying out some new routines to help me out when I know every week is going to be a bit of a time crunch.

The difference between one and two kids comes down to time management. You need to be that much more organized to orchestrate your family lives.

In my attempt to be proactive, I have become friends with a slow cooker. AKA the old school crock pot. I must say, there is something to be said about having your dinner done at 8 in the morning, and all you have to do is wait. If you are home, stir a few times, but other than that... not too much. I am quickly becoming a little enamored of this time saver...

So far, I have tried a beef stew, butter chicken/red curry chicken, and today, I am going for pulled pork. I saw how it was done on Thanksgiving, and I am a little excited. Dinner is already ready, I have some of those buns you throw in the oven to warm up, and a prepackaged coleslaw package. Viola! I could even manage this dinner after a long day at work... I am definitely open to any suggestions that may be out there....

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Check out a Year of Slowcooking: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/