Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday

I slipped up again, and this post that floated around my cerebral regions never made it to the blog yesterday. I was damn tired. I wasn't in the mood to post. It just didn't happen.

So, two will happen again today. I have also come to appreciate that NaBloPoMo is thirty posts in thirty days, and I can do that! I just don't know about the posting every day.. LOL

I got an evil email from my favourite outlet mall stateside. They were opening for BF at midnight. This meant I could go shopping and leave everyone at home (and hopefully asleep, which turned out to be wishful thinking, sorry hon), and not have to deal with traffic! My favourite kid's store had EVERYTHING 50% off. I also had a coupon for another 20% off, and they were giving an extra 10% off for BF. My niece even agreed to come along with me! At 10:30, Ken checked the border line ups. Shit. Over an hour at one, and 45 minutes at the other. He thought I was nuts for heading down, but I was now a mom with a mission. I chose the hinterland crossing (woo woo, a 5 minute wait, good call).

So, after picking up my niece and heading east, we made excellent time to the outlet malls. I was grateful to have her company as I fought the urge to turtle in the kids store. The prices were just ... er... awesome?? Of course, the coupons weren't as good as a layered 80% ... they did the 50% off first, and then took the other discounts off. They even had wooden toys on sale!

Between the two kids stores, ticket prices were just shy of $400. Including taxes, I spent about $130!! TALK ABOUT DEALS! I even got a birthday gift for a friend's 1 year old (I had to ask someone about girls clothes, I understand their pants, obviously, but those shirt/dress things you wear with tights, that was news to me!! Guess who only has boys??), and a cool shower gift for my cousin's baby, 3 really cool puzzles, Christmas jammies for the boys, and a bunch of clothes. I scored. I got my MIL partially done, and a few new shirts for me. I also got some Tillamook cheese (best cheese in the world, especially their pepper jack) and some lime diet pepsi.

Heading home was fast. I love night driving. It just seems rude once you are back on our side of the border and the speed limit drastically drops. It feels strange.

I left the house at 10:45, and made it home at 5:00 am. Of course I was too wired up to sleep, and happy that Brandon now is set until summer. His pants aren't floods anymore. Connor, well, he has the hand-me-downs, but he has some cool new clothes too. Now it is just toys for the boys. The deals were good. I was able to get in, get out... life was good. I survived on about 2 hours sleep today.

I did have to ask my niece about what is the big deal with C0ach. I don't get it. At 3am they still had a line up outside of their store about 40 deep of people waiting to get in. W T F ??? I guess I am just not that cool.

1 comment:

Cher said...

Okay if you had asked me I would have TOTALLY come with you- I couldn't find someone to go with!!! Jealous- but looks like you got awesome deals :)