Thursday, November 12, 2009

A few call outs

One of the many things I have learned since becoming a mom, is the joys of receiving, and of the joys of paying it forward.

I am so grateful for all of the hand-me-downs that land on our doorstep, especially those from my favorite Kitten Whore. Even if I don't use all the clothes, and pay some of them forward, they are all a part of the great chain of moms helping out other moms, no strings attached. It is a cool thing.

I had a brainwave today about how I could pay something simple ahead. Another friend, having fun resolving her own time line issues, paid forward some formula to me, and then some coupons. I added to said coupons, since ultimately they were not brands that I use, and today, I dropped the lot off at the maternity clinic to my buddy there. She knew whom to pay them forward to - some of the coupons were $10 off a can of formula, which is nothing to sneeze at. We were also able to pay forward a bassinet that we had borrowed back in the day, to a truly deserving mom-to-be.

Speaking of which, holy batman does formula cost. If you go for the better kinds, or the "upper" ends of formula instead of the one that meets all the basic health criteria, you are looking at $30 a can. For some moms, that is one can a week. I am grateful Connor gets mostly me, because a can will last about 3 weeks. I watch for whatever coupons I can find for my brand, but it is not cheap. Thank god for the girls.

Connor's got a cold, bordering a croupy cough. Damn, that was almost an alliteration. So I am keeping my eye on him, Brandon also seemed to have a harder time coordinating his walking this afternoon - causing my heart to leap in all sorts of crazy directions. Seems to be sorting itself out, but me thinks he is going through a growth period again and it playing havoc with his muscles...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's cool.

I have a good start coupon for you. :)