Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloweening

Well, that was October. Somewhere along the line, I have really come to embrace the month of October. From Thanksgiving, pumpkin patches, the coming of Autumn, Hallowe'en, and all the rest, I just really enjoy this month as the seasons turn.

We've had a cool weekend so far, even if I felt a bit wiggy yesterday for a while. We saw Flogging Molly at the Commodore on Friday night. They were just awesome. I had a Guinness, got to hang out with my man sans kids, and got to enjoy the night out in an adult establishment. Not many costumes until we got out and wandered out on to Granville, and the show was just kick ass. The opening band was full of long 80's hair and enthusiasm and may be good in a few years, the second band, old school punks from Winnipeg were great... and then Flogging Molly. They were just awesome. I jumped around. I bounced around. I enjoyed my position to the side of the stage at the edge of the pit. Ahh. I needed that. The music was just pumping - loved it when they played Rebel of the Sacred Heart, Drunken Lullabies, and the Devil's Dancefloor... and all the others too. Lots of energy, the band all wore cheesy costumes, and one of the best concerts I have seen in years...

Halloween was fun - Brandon was an alligator, and Connor was Tigger. Too cute! We did the mall thing (not really my cup of tea but was good for Ken's mom to come out with us) and then some trick or treating around our hood. Can't say there are a lot of kids in our area so it was more get a little candy and chat to our neighbors for the token time a year.. friends were over, and we hung out for the night. It was cool - next year, maybe some fireworks.

We are getting it together to go to another concert tonight.. I can't believe that we have tickets for two concerts in three days and that is almost the same amount of concerts that we have been to in three years... gaining the extra hour hasn't really helped today - Brandon was up early, and our schedules seem just a little off.

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

Posted on November 1st...REALLY?

LOL

You're sneaky, but I was here yesterday, and this post was not here. Nice try!

*muah*

(the best part...my word verification is "crabi" ....yes I am, thankyouverymuch)