Monday, November 16, 2009

as promised, a second round

It seems that more often than not, Mondays are becoming the general clean up after the chaos and different routine of the weekend day. I have taken to not really planning anything for a Monday, I just don't seem to have the will, or the follow through.

Looking back just a week, man did it fly. Too many doctors appointments, even if they were just follow ups and check ins. Got our laundry done today, the house looks pretty good, and I even managed to clean up part of my linen closet so I can see what I have. Funny how it is your stuff, and you can still be surprised when you discover what you have squirreled away in corners.

My gram turned 95 yesterday, and I would have liked to have been able to go over to the island for a visit. Now that we have two kids, it is a little harder to just go. We kind of need our car. Taking our car, excluding everything else makes it a $2oo return trip for the ferry. Have I mentioned lately that this sticks in my craw?? It is hard justifying going over for a day, Connor is still young enough even if I went solo I would bring him along for the ride, even if I went over as a walk on, which I still may do in the coming weeks, I really don't know. I find it mentally strange that she has not met my second son, and yet, even if she did, she may not remember meeting him. Or visiting with me. Her mind is starting to slip - she is still pretty healthy physically, but I think because she is in a care facility, and does not have to be responsible for anything, it aids her in mental slips because she is not interacting with people, or getting out and doing stuff. She isn't really the captain of her own ship anymore. I have met a few really with it 90 year olds. If the body is willing, it is so important to feel important as you age, and I think to keep up with walking. Bodies need to be in motion, and we need to be connected to other people too.

Okay, enough ruminations for now. The boys are pulling on my pant legs.

No comments: