Monday, November 16, 2009

Ah, the irony,

I finally put things to order for the month of posts, and then things go to hell in a hand basket.

About noon, our power went out, and then partially came back on. Half our house had power, half did not. It was really random - our fridge worked, but not our stove. Some lights came on, some did not. It was the same through the whole house. We called Hydro, and apparently our area had power issues because of a tree down, and that power should be restored by 4. Needless to say, by dinner we still had the same issues, called Hydro again, they said to turn off the power to the house for 5 minutes, turn it back on, and see if that helped. Nope. Although the mood lighting was cool, we still only had half a house (thankfully it is really mild with the current pineapple express going through since the heat was not on) with power. The hydro guy came, and apparently we have two lines coming in to the house. One had power, one did not. Okay, makes sense. Well, it turned out that a fuse on the breaker went, so we found an electrician to come in this morning and make things right. The heat is back on, and I wish I could charge what he just did for a five minute fix. On the other hand, I am glad it was just a fuse. We have an old house that I am sure one day really does need a rewiring.

As soon as I declared I was truly in this NaBloPoMo thing, for the third time, I missed a daily posting. Once again, I will aim for two posts today, catching up in spirit.

Otherwise, yesterday was pretty decent. I made cinnamon buns. Damn, those things are gooooooood. Addictive as hell. It's funny, on my first mat leave, yes, I made all of Brandon's food, but I did not get all that creative in the kitchen... this time around is another story. I still stick by my story that second time around and I am way more zen and content. I had a second kid to truly find my bearing as a parent... I ran in to an old coworker on Saturday and she thought I looked really happy, and YOUNG!!! Woot! We also watched the football game, and some racing, and well, with the power out, it threw the rythym of the day off.

No comments: