Monday, November 9, 2009

damn old cell phones.

Did you know you can actually recycle your old cell phone??

I didn't!! We are currently really displeased about our cell service, which could spill in to other areas in terms of making decisions on what providers we go with in future for cell, phone, internet... and I wonder why it took looking through the Virgin website to find this site and to discover how I could unload all of our old cells... I am going to be having one of those hardball playing type conversations with the highest tier of their customer service soon, and well, I am prepared to switch if I don't get my way.

Maybe I am just an ignoranus, but I didn't know about this service. I try to do my best when it comes to recycling, but didn't know there was one for used cells. I am surprised that this isn't front and center with the other service providers, it is responsible...which is a small reason why I do like Virgin.

Amazing how disposable this technology has become. It is brutal. Speaking of which, we switched out our new headset and went from Vtech, to a refurbished Uniden, to a Panasonic. Yes, I bit the bullet and bought the better phone. After having the cheaper ones crap out way too damn fast, and the batteries continually die, it will be interesting to see how these ones hold up. Joy! But back to cell phones, yes, technology is changing really fast, but it would be nice if a cell phone could last out your contract.

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

Love our Panasonic cordless phones (6.0 dect)....the charge lasts for days, and they don't dial 911 when I'm trying to call people!!