Friday, November 20, 2009

looking at the closet

It was one of those I went looking for something to wear and ended up just feeling completely dissatisfied with most of my wardrobe. I didn't really add a lot of new items since Brandon was born, between learning how to be a mom, switching jobs, and just adjusting, and then with the discovery of Connor, there really wasn't much point of investing in a lot of new clothes.

Now, it seems like I have a lot of work tops, and some work pants, a few pairs of pants that have saggy ass and gape-y ass happening, and a lot of plain cotton shirts. I have a few older sweaters, and a few sweatshirts ... it feels like many of my shoes are dated, and for the first time in decades, I am really glad to have a pair of hiking runners (a lovely pair of Vasques which have really grown on me, I don't look down and see torpedo feet).

I think over the next year, I would like to slowly allow my wardrobe to evolve again. Not that my style has changed that much, I need some funkier and fun clothes, and some casual clothes that aren't plain cotton tees. Not that I don't love my v-neck tees, but really. I need more. Some casual pants that aren't stretched out yoga pants that fit at 9 months pregnant, or the lounge pants I have pretty much lived in 24-7 being at home. I want new shoes too.

Although I went off of on more of a tangent than what I anticipated, I did try a few things on. Yes, everything fits, but you know when you look at yourself in the mirror, and the first thing that comes to mind about your outfit was "what was I thinking when I bought that??" I must remember, just because it fits, doesn't mean it looks good... I am way better at that now, however, there are a few pieces I think I am ready to let go of and go splurge a little at the outlets eventually.

No comments: