Sunday, October 16, 2005

Thanksgiving.. never too late for a savoury meal

We celebrated our Thanksgiving Dinner today with our folks, and my brother. First time officially all done at our place, and on our own without asking 5 trillion questions on what to do with this really cold and clammy, and kind of obscene (but tasty when cooked) bird.

This was made a little tougher by the fact that we didn't get in until close to dawn due to a long, drawn out texa$ hold em game at a friends place :] it was a lot of fun, just not as much fun at 4:30 am when we truly realized what time it was... so I was tired this morning. Took me a while to get going, and to get motivated to get the dressing made, and figure out the meal details. Everything went off without a hitch, my apple pie was amazing, and I have leftovers! Yay! Makes a few meals a little easier to plan - hmm, do we have Turkey Pie or Just Plain ol Leftovers. Both are equally appealing.

So, I am over tired, I think I will have a bath, and I feel a bit fried.

3 comments:

Spider Girl said...

Mmmmmmm....apple pie. I KNEW there was something missing at Thanksgiving this year. :)

Kazzy said...

:] Nothing like warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream to make everything right in the world, if only for a few moments!! Pumpkin is a great novelty, but I always come back to apple

Gilly said...

You should try apple pie the prairie way - with sharp cheddar cheese sliced on top. It's to die for! And don't be knocking it before you try it!