Monday, October 3, 2005

Break in the rain

From the looks of the weather map yesterday, we were in for rain, showers, mist, pissing down wet stuff, and whatever other words come to mind that describe the falling precipitation for the next few days. However, things are looking up and there is a break in the clouds. It is not the normal kind of monday morning, I am off to Victoria for a meeting, and my mom is tagging along. We are staying at the Empre$$, which is really swank and there is no way I could afford to stay here if it wasn't for work and I get reimbursed. But man, I enjoy it when I can.

I am looking forward to "super G" Ginger and Gingseng beer tomorrow night and half priced oven baked pizza. I think that I just tipped my hand to the fact that I like deals and I am motivated enough to find them. I am also looking forward to getting out and walking around town. Victoria is just the right size to get out and walk, and right on the coast, so not only is it a place to hit the pavement, but, you have gardens combined with ocean views and I am a happy camper. I am not sure what we will be up to today. There is talk of heading out to Sooke, the western edge of the island because we have never been out there before.

Here's to hoping we bring out the best in each other this trip! Sometimes it is bizarre because ultimately she is on a mini-break, and I am working. When I rock up at the hotel, she is ready to do something where I just want to lock myself in a room for 20 minutes and debrief from my day - alone, maybe with a book. Hopefully we catch the end of summer blooms and not just tumultous fall weather whipping by the fall colours by at mock 2.

BTW, Hitchhiker's guide was blah. Layer Cake was an interesting flick though.

No comments: