Friday, October 7, 2005

Expensive Year

Adult decisions suck. The Ripper has an urinary tract blockage and I was presented with two choices - find the money to pay for treatment.. or it is time to say goodbye. This is a part of pet ownership, and those decisions never come at a good time financially, emotionally, or not around a long weekend when you have other plans. I couldn't not do it, even though I know there are a gamut of philosophical reasons to argue either side of that debate, and the Ripper is getting fixed up right now. Thank god animal lovers become DMVs and assistants, because I was holding on to a thread for a few minutes as I left him there. It was hard, even though I felt that I was making the right decision, and it is only money in the big picture of things, it wasn't easy and I wanted to cry like a baby. Coming home alone was weird, Murphy was sniffing around and he knew that something just wasn't right. So, I am juggling those financial balls up in the air, and making things work. It's not his time yet. I will now attempt to distract myself and clean.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Ripley! When my friend's cat got cancer about 7 years ago, I didn't understand his choice to treat her...I just thought that he should get a new cat. But I had never had pets.... then I got my two babies Frejya and Snippy (and later Fjell) and everything changed. I would give up almost anything for my little sweet peas! I go to crazy lengths to make sure that they are happy and healthy!

Kazzy said...

thanks babe, he is on the mend, and we will be able to pick him up tomorrow..

Refinnej said...

Happy to hear Rip's on the mend!! :-)

...calling you....now....!

Anonymous said...

Sick kitties...oh I can't even go there. But I totally understand about trying to figure out whether to get them medical treatment or pay the mortgage. The epitome of sucking, isn't it?

Glad he/she is better.

Gilly said...

Hi Kazzy,

Sorry to hear Mr. Ripley (believe it or not) is not doing so hot. Hang in there babes!!