Saturday, October 1, 2005

Laying Low

So far this has been a great weekend. We have been laying really low. I think I really needed it after the last few weeks of just go, go, go. Yesterday I spent the day cleaning, and joy reading, and putzing around, and then rented a wack of videos. Today was a lazy day, with a few errands, choosing football picks, watching the 'Nucks game (we kicked some serious OILERS ASS!!!), and playing some Hold'Em with the family. Next up - watching The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I hope it even slightly comes close to being in the same ballpark as the books.. I feel like I have dropped off of the face of the earth, and I know that I am more than likely avoiding some social obligations, but I am embracing some selfish time with my myselt, my man, the cats, and staying close to our place, because really, it has been too long since we did just that. Solo time yesterday was a breath of fresh air too, although those damn hours went by like that car commercial - Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. All of a sudden it was time to get gear together to go out and play some hockey!

No comments: