Saturday, October 8, 2005

I would settle for blah

Well, the little guy is at an 'emergency animal clinic' for at least another day because the vet I went to has no one around for the rest of the long weekend. ARGH, but what can you do? What is that saying, in for an inch, in for a mile? Ripley is stable, but needs more time for the urine crystals to pass, enough fluids to go through his system, and then he can come home. It looked positive this morning, but then there was another backup and back to needed catheder, etc. Hopefully another 24 hours of monitored care, and then he can come home, or at worst, monday morning. This does mean a lifelong diet change for the boys. Apparently Fri$kies or Whi$ka$ are "death in bag" for cats according the clerk at the clinic. That is a little eye opening. So the boys will be a little more pampered in the future.

Was great to have my friend D in town, but hard too, because I was really enjoying our visit, but a part of my brain is processing the whole "cat down" situation, as well as the money part. What can you do? In the comments, all you lovely ladies who have four legged friends get that hard part of the decision, once made, you have to go with it. It feels right in the heart and that is what you gotta do.

My sweetheart is out getting us some comfort food. Usually I would be going for some beef and broc, but this time around I am going to try out some mango butter chicken. Combine that with some DC and movies, maybe some hockey on the tube for the battle of the west, and that would be our laid back saturday night. I feel a bit emotionally done like I would love to avert making some big decisions for a little bit. Ripley is on the mend, there are unknown factors, but everything that matters is there. Tomorrow I will head to the island solo for Thanksgiving Dinner, and then get home on Monday. We couldn't get ferry reservations, so we will go as walk on to avoid waiting for 6 hours on either side.

2 comments:

Refinnej said...

Damn. I'm going to have to suck it up & start buying higher quality cat food.

((((hugs))))

Kazzy said...

That is what I thought too!! Apparently, for a little cheaper than the vet stuff, the clerk said that IAM$, Eukkenubba, and Purrinna are higher quality and don't lead to the crystals so much. It is more of a male cat thing, hits between ages of 3-5 (typical patient)but that isn't exclusive