Friday, October 21, 2005

Getting ready to head out...

After a boisterous first meeting with a new committee last night, I am heading to my first experiences with the Surrey Writer's Conference. I am volunteering through the day, and I am intoducing a writer named Don McQuinn. My background research indidcates he is a cool dude, retired corps turned to espionage and science fiction writing, sounds like he has a passion for writing and mentoring those coming up. I think the rest of what I am participating in is more administrative, but time will tell.

There is nothing like the unknown - it looks like I will get a lot out of the conference as a volunteer, but who knows?! It could really motivate me to things a little differently in terms of my writing in the future, but time will tell.

Just to make sure I feel properly balanced, I hope to pick up a new hockey helmet on the way. Mine is shot. I keep forgetting to do this (helmets aren't cheap) but it is my head, and well, it was cracked, and then I lost pieces, and it got worse last week. It is time to bite the bullet and make it a priority.

Other cool thing is that Reffffffffiiinnnneeeej is in town, so she is picking my ass up at 5 from the conference! Which is perfect, some time with the kids, some time with her, and then off to shop, and then go play hockey!!! Yup, it will be the day that never ends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and tell me all about it tonight... And get that new helmet! I always protect the noggin because if that gets injured, I'm not going to make a living off of my looks ;)

So is the consistent commenter (I LOVE that!!!!) coming out to support the team tonight? We need some super fans!