Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Get that motor started




Ripley's Back!









I have never seen this cat so chatty - it is like he is telling me everything that they have done to him in the last few days at the vet.

He keeps wrapping himself around my hands, my face, this keyboard... he is so happy to be home. Cross your fingers that all stays well this time.

Our cat is on valium. Crazy eh?

Ripley is a purring machine tonight, and it feels like the weight has lifted from my chest. We are so glad to have him back, and the only time he has stopped with the affection is to run to the window to watch the squirrels. Too bad for him and his shaved derriere he can only look from behind the window.

That, combine with a chocolate utopia, and life is looking a lot better than it was just a few days ago. What a relief. One more day of work, and then off to the Writer's Festival. I am now participating all three days, and I get to introduct two speakers. It sounds like it will be an amazing event, and comes at the right time. I would love to continue to develop my writing skills, to do some projects on the side would help a lot at this stage of the game. Only time will tell what opportunities spin off from here. I am just glad to be able to participate as a volunteer, and see what all this is about. It is more than just a writer's conference where author's read excerpts from their books and answer questions at the end, these are workshops that enable potential writers to do just that.

3 comments:

Refinnej said...

Yay!! Stoner...er, Ripley is home! :-D

Spider Girl said...

Welcome bsck to your kitty! :)

Spider Girl said...

Er, welcome back, I meant. :)