Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Cool Stuff

Got back from the volunteer's meet and greet for SIWC a while ago. Damn, it looks cool, although I am a slightly glazed eyed newbie to the lot. So far, I will be introducing a few authors, and perhaps working the room where potential scribes are booked in for short appointments with editors and agents.

A real sneak peek in to the world of writing and some of my favourite authors will be there!!! I can get some books signed at the book fair, and attend workshops if I am not volunteering for a session during that time.

I am stoked. I am like a kid on Hallowe'en with a full bag of candy.

Looking at the presenter's list is pretty inspiring. Jean Auel and Diana Gabaldon are both keynote speakers, and I should be able to hang out at the back of the room and listen in. I am really looking forward to this experience!!! From the sounds of it, volunteering is a great way to go because from what I gleaned from some of the folk there, as a paying customer, it is an overwhelming weekend because there is so much going on and can have a huge impact on how one approaches the craft of writing. At least this way, I can be a part of it, and pick and choose a few workshops at my own pace :]

4 comments:

Refinnej said...

Dammit. I wish I'd been able to be there.

DAMN.

Kazzy said...

YOU STILL CAN!!! They won't say no. BUT next year you are so coming with me!!!!

Refinnej said...

Yeah, wanna know what? D has a freaking performance workshop (car crap) to attend for work. The SAME weekend.

So, there's the reason I had to say no...I just didn't know it back then!

Kazzy said...

Things work out for a reason!! Just means I get you in the spring.. muhhahhahahaa