Friday, December 9, 2005

YAY!

I just finished writing out the last (I think) of my Christmas cards!! PHEW! Nice to have them done before December 24th (been there, done that).

I have discovered a strange pet peeve over the last few years. It seems that my aunts and uncles on my mom's side, in fact, even my cousins, when sending out their cards still send them to my parents (not a separate one to Ken and I)... such "Bob and Winnie, Karen and Kelly" Being my brother and I. He is 27, and I am 32 and as good as married. I don't get it. I started sending out my own cards more than 10 years ago!!!!! Yes, we reside at the same physical address as my folks, but we do not live with them. We have separate lives, separate entrances and parking places, and no connecting staircase. We see each other as much as parents and their kids do once said kids are adults. We co-own, we are independent. I am not sure why this irks me.

Do they expect us to share the card?? A week with the folks, a week with me, and then a week with my brother at his place?? Now, I can understand sending 2 cards in one envelope, and getting one of us to pay it forward but this is a pet peeve. Up there with parking tickets (a corrollary of paying to park).

/rant over

No comments: