Wednesday, December 21, 2005

First Day of Winter

Winter Solstice has arrived marking the shortest day, and the longest night of the year. Now we start to work our way back to the light!

The last days of the year are marching by, and I think I will have a chance to catch my breath one of these days...this December seems to have been crazy, a lot of changes are afoot, exciting stuff, and my head has been spinning trying to keep up with it all.

At it's core, there has been some clarity this month as well. The course I just took, through VCC's Instructor Diploma program was empowering. I wish all instructors in post secondary took this course and used this program to improve their teaching. It was such a high to be in that kind of environment with a bunch of very diverse teachers (everything from someone teaching the Hawai'ian form of massage to diesel engines, to classroom aides). This helps guide me back to the idea of at some point being a teacher. I only have one more course, and then the practicum and I am done this program. Then, hopefully there will be another step in that path in the direction of teaching, even if it is at a later date.

I still haven't done my shopping. I am such a last minute shopper.

Tree will be going up tonight!!

Will be time to tame the housework beastie too, been way too easy to ignore the state of affairs in my house the last few weeks. Time to do a big clean before the rellies come out for Christmas!


No comments: