Tuesday, December 27, 2005

post-celebratory time to relax

The last few days have passed by in a blur. I am sure that for most peoples, Christmas is intense - all the preparation, the wrapping, the cleaning, the visiting, the cooking, the cleaning, the unwrapping, the eating, the cleaning, the visiting, the catch a few hours of sleep and then do it again.

It seems like it was just the 23rd and I was finishing up my shopping, feeling pretty proud that I wouldn't have to shop on the 24th, and now, here it is the 27th, and I only have one more day off before I head back to work, albeit for a short week.

We still haven't firmed up what we want to do for New Years, I am suspecting it is a good year for a quiet NYE for just the two of us... I suspect it could be the last quiet one for a while.

The festivities have been great - lots of time with family, good food, lots of visiting, lots of real highs as we dropped our news, and just felt like it was go, go go. Today, it is a good day to stay in my robe. For a long period of time. It feels great to have no plans, and since we haven't been around a lot in the last few days, the house is still pretty much together so I feel no guilt about avoiding chores around the house.

No comments: