Saturday, December 3, 2005

Well, almost.

After that short burst of Christmas related activities a few weeks ago, I currently find myself contemplating writing out those cards I had high hopes for getting out before or around the first, and a few more things that need baking. I haven't really devised a list yet of what I need to get done, but I am sure that is around the corner.

We are melting out there!!! It is strange to have the white stuff on the ground. Yes, I know I have made a lot out of our weather lately, but snow is novel, especially when it doesn't immediately turn to slush. Perhaps enough out there for a sloppy snow angel, but there it is still kicking around and it has been a few days. Normally we get teased with winter, not actually have to experience it for more than a few days in a row... like Jen - sitting at -20. HOLY SHIT BATMAN. And I am whining about the damp weather we have hovering at 0?? It is all relative is all I can lay claim to. Ours is a wet cold and it penetrates much quicker.

Ken is going to put up our lights today, and I am excited. I love having lights up, and then I love decorating the tree. This is the season we first got together and I remember a lot of firsts, like our first real date when he helped me out with my tree and I got to see him in a suit as he left to go to a work party! He looked AWESOME! What a way to leave a great impression on a gal!

Been feeling somewhat funky lately, but I am working at shaking it off. I think it is a'happening, I am pleased to say. Hockey game last night was great, we won, and everyone else figured I had a decent game, but I had just gotten my skates sharpened and did a not so graceful fall on the blue line when I missed grabbing an edge. Still haven't fully gotten back in to watching the NHL again, I watch the highlights, but it certainly hasn't been prominent in my life. During the strike last year, I moved on a fair bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even here, in good ole NJ in the USA, we have two inches of snow on the ground. Must be an equinox or a full moon or something.

Refinnej said...

We won't talk about the level of snow here. Mmm-kay? And we're up to -10C today, so I'm not complaining. It's t-shirt weather!!

I will give you that "damp cold" thing, however. Even at -20C, I'm able to get warm - in Vancouver, 0 + rain = frozen toes/fingers. Bah.