Monday, April 17, 2006

Processes

I thinking that organizing and reorganizing will be a recurrent theme this year.

Each time I attack our seemingly endless supply of "things" it gets easier to let go of some stuff. I can't believe some of the clothes and books and nicknacks that I have held on to. And then the items that I relegate to our back shed, to sit there, half forgotten about until I move more stuff to the shed only to realize that it is getting full of all the stuff I said that we maybe didn't need anymore about three months ago, last time I seemed to get this urge to purge.

I don't know if it is really about letting go or just being more afraid of clutter and feeling like my own walls are closing in because I can't bear to part with things (which obviously I am getting over with leaps and bounds). I have 2 bags of clothes going out, and a few bags of books that I am going to trade in at unsuspecting bookstore on the island that will take trades for equal dollar value in more books (just what I need eh?).

It helps when you don't have a lot of space - you tend to start getting rid of the things you don't need anymore, or things you have put in the back of the closet because you have moved on. In a larger space, it is ok to accumulate because you don't have to deal with it. I like not having so many inconsequential things around - makes it easier to clean :]

I am glad that we have today as a stat holiday - I am bagged. My energy has gone down the tubes today. I am glad that I didn't have a huge list of to do things, otherwise I think it may have gone out with the trash. I know that tomorrow looms as one of our busiest days at work (fee payment deadline) and then I get to go to Victoria for a few days, for our yearly AGM. I love getting over to the island - being on island time, doing the meandering coastal drive... walking through Beacon Hill Park which is one of my favourite parks in the whole wide world. I love how rugged it is, especially when the spring flowers crop up in the most unsuspecting spots. I love walking with through the trees, towards the ocean, stealing a few moments, enjoying the squirrels and birds, and taking it all in. Stanley Park in Vancouver is nice, but there is something else about Beacon Hill Park that I find endlessly appealing. Probably equally as popular, but I think the wildness of Beacon appeals to me just a little more. I like visiting the girlfriends I have there, friends I have been fortunate enough to meet through work and have developed friendships that have nothing to do with what we do rather the recognition of kindred spirits. I will miss my sweetie, but will only be gone between Wednesday - Friday which is a short/long period of time when I am going between meetings and he works all day... then again, the best part of going away is coming back. Doesn't matter for how long, there is nothing like coming home.

Wow, talk about waxing poetic and starting on one thing and ending on a completely different topic.

No comments: