Thursday, April 13, 2006

Halfway through the day

I think I have had to deal with all of my high maintenance students that refuse to deal with anyone else in my office this week. Normally they seem to have an unwritten code and they don't all come in at the same time, but this week they have conspired against me. Then again, I was off for a few weeks and I guess the word is getting out that I am back. At times I almost take perverse pleasure in not making a comment about being preggers, and only having 2 more months of work... (evil laugh inserted here)

Seriously though - I think that with our advising schedule posted... people wait to see me. So on my advising days I get slammed. I see more people in one of my 3.5 hour slots than the rest normally see in a week!!!!

I have my fingers crossed that this afternoon everyone else is writing exams and I can fly low under the radar and get some stuff done and not have so many people trickling through my door.

I would also like to know why sandwiches always taste better when someone else makes them. It seems to be the way with my lattes too - when Ken makes it for me, it just tastes better.

No comments: