Thursday, April 13, 2006

Milestone

I believe this is post 200.. either that or 201. If I am a little off - whatever. We did our 10 year high school reunion as an 11 year reunion so apparently there is proof out there that I am a little off.

I think short weeks are really longer than the normal length weeks. For a three day work week, this has been a shit week. I am counting the time when I get the chance to leave for the week, I have been smoking busy all week, like a dog chasing it's tail and never quite catching up (although from a general consensus of friends, we have all been abnormally busy this week), and it seems like all my high maintenance students have been coming out of the woodwork and making their appearance this week.

To add to it all, the student that just left the office wore some kind of truly awful perfume. It stinks in here. There is a cloud of cloying, artificial perfume smell that is hanging in the air worse than dog farts (at least that is a natural smell). Time to open the window - heating is all wonked, it feels like I should be somewhere farther south it is so warm in here that I can feel my face flushing - not that I need any help with that at this stage of the game either...

And I have students that need to come back to see me because I have been so busy all week I haven't been able to get to some of the stuff that I should be able to do. Yup, I do need some good cheese to go with my wine today. I am surrounded by little stacks of papers, all the to do stuff that I have had too many interruptions to even wrap my mind around about.. (short staffed). Which of course, does it help that I am doing this right now instead of that?

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

Yeah, it's going around. LOL