Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A momentary lull in the action

I am officially a wife, and it feels great.

Currently the joke is that I ended up with an absolutely beautiful spring day on Saturday for our wedding, and that Ken has received my silence as his gift. It is quite funny, I am not really sick per say, but my voice has officially evacuated the building. So anyone expecting to hear from me right now, I am really sorry, but you really can't make out what I am saying on the phone, or in person for that matter, so I am doing you a favour by not calling.

In the last three days since the wedding, I have alternated between sounding like a dolphin, the Godfather, spoken in a barely heard whisper, a thirteen year old boy just hitting puberty, and the current state of affairs, some kind of bark whose tones reach all sorts of unintelligible pitches. The current theory is that with all the stress, burning up the phone lines, planning, and then the wedding (receiving lines go on FOREVER) my voice figured it would pack itself in and attempt to give me some kind of break.

Well, between gift openings, best friends being in town and then leaving town, family in from out of town, and the infinite details of getting hitched... the voice can rest now. Sort of. Which helps typing things out here, rather than trying to mutter, mumble, and stumble my way through words I can barely force out.

I wholeheartedly endorse compromising with family on certain things when planning your wedding, but our wedding reflected Ken and I from start to finish. There are so many moments that stand out, and one of the best things was the noise in the hall. At most times, the noise was amazing - a total din of people having fun and talking and getting to know each other in our intimate setting. It was not a glitzy or ornate wedding, people felt comfortable, hell, I giggled in the ceremony because I was just so damn happy. I wasn't nervous at all as I stood, waiting for the Hockey Night in Canada, er Wedding March a'la BeatMarket Mix Master Chaz to start up and I realized that I was quite settled in myself, and just hoped that everything went well and everyone had fun, and that we more or less evacuated the building about when we were supposed too.

... to be continued

3 comments:

Refinnej said...

Seriously?? Your voice is still gone?! Actually, I shouldn't be surprised, since mine is making the slowest comeback ever. LOL

I had an absolutely faboo time, from start to finish.

You're MARRIED!!!! Wooo!!

Kazzy said...

it was amazing and I am still in a daze, cleaning and sorting, and organizing, and trying to get my voice back.. I am better than the Godfather, but still nothing to what I am used too... trying not to talk so much and drinking hot water and lemon every night!

can't wait to leave tomorrow for Ocean Shores!!!!

miss ya already babe

Anonymous said...

Haven't been posting in a while, but I wanted to drop by and say congrats! I'm sure it was lovely!