Saturday, March 25, 2006

White Wedding

My gals are still asleep, and I am enjoying probably the only quiet moments I will have today.

Ken and I husseled through the last minute stuff yesterday right up until 5pm and then called it quits for the day. D and C are out from down South, and Refinnej came from up North. I am surrounded by some of the best friends a person can ask for.

Rehearsal dinner went off well - although I was fading quick and made it an early night.. us gals pampered ourselves a bit last night, and just talked. It was great. I talked until that babbling stage, at which point I got laughed at and perked up long enough to retort and fall asleep, and all of us crowded in to Ken and I's king sized bed. I am surprised the cats didn't join us, but there wasn't a lot of room left over.

I have already had tears in my eyes - there are blue skies today. I am shocked. I didn't want to hope, and considering it was still saying 100% rain thursday, this is amazing. Someone is smiling on us again, nothing like the power of love, right ba-by!!!! My cold has also let off some.. plied myself with some vit C again last night and it seems to have helped. I guess if I had not put down some money to have pictures done at the BW, the weather I am sure would have been terrible! I am so pleased! I want the outdoor shots!! I don't want everything to happen in doors, it is spring, it is the wet coast, and there is nothing as spectacular as when the sun comes out!!

I love the fact that you can't predict our weather. As soon as you start to count on it, it changes it's mind. Absolutely fabulous.

The mountains have a touch of snow, daffs are smiling, and the cherry trees are in full bloom. I love spring and I am glad that it is the season we marry, and I continue to bloom with child.

I AM GOING TO GET MARRIED IN A FEW HOURS.

Funny, I am not worried or nervous at all about that part. All the worry up to today has been whether or not everything would come together, and it has.

MARRIED?

ME??

One of the most single people I ever met in my 20's has hooked up, found love, and is getting HITCHED???

Yup, totally off the market!!!

I am going to figure out my speech in the next bit, and I am thinking for a few moments of the friends and family who are here in spirit but couldn't make it - I do understand and can't wait to tell the stories at a later date, and about those who truly couldn't make it, I know that some where out there they are smiling down on us today, especially since they aren't perched on clouds having a waterballoon fight!!

Yes, MARRIED!!

I will post some pictures after the fact...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best day bella. Look forward to hearing about. But give yourselves a well-deserved extended break. Congratulations. Thinking of you.

Refinnej said...

I just now realized you posted while D & I slept this morning! LOL Gawd, I was tired.

Such a beautiful & happy day today! Congrats again, love! :-D

Gilly said...

Congratulations Kazzy and Kenny! Couldn't happen to a better couple! Wish I coulda been there. But I can't wait to hear all about it real soon! I talked to D on Sunday and she filled me in on some of the deets.

Tai said...

Congratulations!!!

Kazzy said...

Thanks for all the well wishes - it was a great day, and when you find the right partner, it makes all the difference in the world! Well worth the wait :]

xoxoxooxoxoox

Anonymous said...

Hello Darling,

I am sitting here bawling!! It sounds like you had a fabuolous day & I am so sorry I couldn't make it.

You both deserve all the world & I love you very much.

Jackie