Sunday, November 27, 2005

SNOW!

It is Grey Cup Sunday today, and I think with all the folks in town from East of Hope and the Coast Mountains have brought with them some intrepid weather from the rest of Canada. When I got up this morning, it was SNOWING! It was beautiful. Not enough to stick... yet. The temperature is still hovering just above zero, and I thinking that we could see some more in the next few days. Prolly won't last, but a novely when it happens. It is always amusing that a few inches of snow all but shuts down the coast for a day or two.

I always find it strange when I watch weather snippets from the rest of Canada, the cold, white, frozen north. West Coast is so different, all the way up to Alaska. A true rainforest that stays pretty mild and damp, while the rest of the country(ies) are held in the grip of winter, we have days where you could easy head for the slopes in the morning and go for a walk on the beach at night. Maybe not always, but not far from the truth either. It blows my mind - you can head not even 100 km in, and the weather is completely different.

Last night we hooked up with some dear friends and went for "all you can eat" Sushi and Korean B-B-Q. Damn fine night. We get spoiled with out fresh seafood and the wares last night were awesome. We topped it off with a few different kinds of gelato - green tea, mango, and coconut. The last two were divine, I am not quite in to green tea gelato at this stage of the game. We even had a private room, so it didn't matter how loud and racous we could be/were. Great service, and really good variety. Funny, I think the more sushi you try, the more you end up craving it. Before, once a year was enough for me and now I can definitely eat it anytime. There are a few things I won't go near, and some items that amaze me that I like. The salmon sashimi is something else though.

Off to prepare for some Grey Cup festivities...

No comments: