Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Cheap Beer

I love beer and hot wings. Some days, more than others. For our football club/pool, we get a free dinner and pint of beer on monday nights. Usually, this is a pretty good deal, except that the beer they used to have on special monday nights no longer is, and we have been cheaping out the last several weeks and getting a subpar beer (which is on special and appeals to our scotch genes).

Well, after a draft beer headache (or was it because I didn't have a coffee yesterday, I hope not!) from 2 beers, I think that next week I will be voting to continue with my free subpar beer, and then moving to the better draft beer if I feel the need to have another at that point.

It was a strange halloween - a few folk were dressed up at the pub, nothing like watching a granny make a few comments to a 20 year old MALE granny in full get up, but it was quiet. Not many fireworks in our neighborhood, or trixters out and about. Could have been the lousy, damp weather. When I went up to the bar to sign in, and got my prize draw tickets, one ticket sent a buzz up my arm and I figured I had a winner there! My dad was teasing me at the table, trying to get me to switch with him (he wins many doorprizes where I do not), but I refused, holding on to my lucky ticket. Moral of this story - I WON! I got a free pair of cool sunglassed with a case :] now if we could pick enough winners next week in our pool I will be even happier!

1 comment:

Gilly said...

Aw! Kazz, I miss hot wings with an extra side of hot sauce! And although I have really great ales at my dispense, I would love to share a G.I. winter ale with you!!