Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Kazzicus Domesticus, volume 1

Day two of my week at home and I am covered in flour.

My kitchen is covered in flour.

There isn't a spare counter that doesn't have something spilled on it, er on it.

However, I am ploughing through my Christmas baking. It is nice to know I can stick this stuff in the freezer and I am set for the next 6 weeks. I have a course that runs 2 weekends in December, so if I don't really get it done now, it won't get done. It is nice to show up at someone's house with a plate of goodies :]

I have already made, in no particular order:

ginger snap cookies
sourdough star cookies
chocolate haystack bar (instead of drop cookie version)
chocolate/peanut butter marshmellow bar
date square
butter tarts

I still need to make shortbread, and a few other things, but I done for today. Time to take some selfish time and fritter away the rest of my day with a good book.

Hell, maybe even put my kitchen back to the way it was before the flour monster hit.

This could be the first time in ten years I get my Christmas cards in the mail before December 24th... I know, all the cynics out there, but it may actually happen!!!

No comments: