Thursday, November 3, 2005

First taste of this years batch...

The first of the Winter Ale's has come out, and frankly, I am not completely thrilled with this years offering. I had a hankering for a good beer, so I stopped in and grabbed a family of Granville I$land's Winter Ale.

I twisted off that cap after sufficiently chilling, and poured it in to a glass. No real head which I found surprising. Nice smell, and a slight vanilla taste, and it tasted ok, but it tasted a bit flat - like it didn't have a lot of kick to it, or fizz for that matter. Didn't really feel all that thirst quenching, or like more. It was nice, like an affable person that doesn't really stick out.

Looking forward to trying out other Christmas Ales that may come out. All in all, I am a microbrew girl. Unless I am in an establishment that can pour a fine black velvet (guinness and strongbow cider), I will go for a darker beer on tap, hopefully on sale but after my monday night experiences, that may not matter so much.

Glad the bulk of my work week is over. The students that I have interviewed this week fell in two camps, those that were a joy to help, those that caused me nothing but grief. Only so much character development I need to go through some weeks!!!

2 comments:

Gilly said...

Sorry to hear that the G.I. Winter Ale wasn't to your liking. Perhaps Steamworks will be offering a fine one this year?

Kazzy said...

I WAS SO thinking of you whilst I quaffed that beer!!! I am sure there will be better brews.. will make a better attempt to call over there this weekend... perhaps email number to make sure I have it? MISS YA!