Friday, November 4, 2005

Fiesty!

I am having one of those weeks where I am a little bit more blunt that normal. I also think I have been suffering from a bit of a sailor mouth as a result. I think I have been feeling pretty frustrated with things beyond my control in the last few weeks, and these frustrations have manifested themselves a bit in my overall fiestiness, or sassiness, or just blunt honesty.

I have been calling a spade, a spade rather than being diplomatic and trying to disguise my own frustrations with mamby pambly language that dances around the issue rather than just putting it out there. Overall this week has gotten better while it has progressed.... workwise I seem to be doing a lot of clean ups of other peoples messes, and it continues to amaze me the kind of vision that people generally walk around with. So many people walk around with blinders on, not realizing or considering the impact that their words or behaviours can have on other people. I don't think that I am unique in this awareness. There are pockets of people like us out there!

The weather has been crazy this week - I love how tumultuous it has been. The sky has been angry and roiling, and then breaks where the sun peaks through and the clouds shine silver. I have seen absolute monsoons come down, freak lightning, rivers of water down the street, the winds blowing the fall colours around, tossing them up and then sending them down wet and sticking to everything. There are so many needles down in the backyard it looks like a rust coloured patio and not concrete. I love fall - how the weather changes on a dime, and then tosses your hair around, and then breaks in a moment of beauty that takes your breathe away.

Wow, a rant and a poetic moment. I must be playing hockey tonight :]

No comments: