Tuesday, November 1, 2005

5 bucks!

Amazing what you can do with 5 bucks. Well that isn't completely true - I started out with $12.25 but I needed to send out a parcel (from one of the items I sold on the bay), so after squeaking in as a small package ($6.85) I had $5.40 left in my pocket. I needed to pick up the rest of dinner (just about payday so cupboards are getting sparse) and so I grabbed bulk rice, mushies, green and red peppers, and onions.. and it came to $5.33.

I am freaking awesome!! Ok, this could stem from my days working as a grocery store cashier, but damn, I am good. I find it amazing that you can have a budget, or fixed amount of dosh in your pocket and you can get what you need and have a few cents left over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done. You are now my idol.

I remember a while back trying to work out payment arrangements with someone I owed money to, and when I told them what our grocery bill was they declared I couldn't possibly be correct. It could not possibly cost $30 a day to feed a family of four. I have pondered this ever since, and yes, it really does take that much.

So if you did it on $5.33, you are truly wonderwoman.

Spider Girl said...

Oh, I could take some grocery shopping hints from you!

I walk by the deli section sometimes and just go a little nuts, you see....

Kazzy said...

Deli section is always expensive, that is where buying bulk (and freezing part) or going to Costco helps... I am a coupon shopper too, sometimes I buy bulk and just use my own containers, some stuff I get no-name and pick my battles (like Heinz ketchup, no point in getting less than what I like there, who knew I could have an opinion on that one?)

I can totally see it costly $30 to feed a family of 4 a day and that is without a lot of extras either!!!! homemade stuff also helps - I don't buy premade sweets/cookies...

Anonymous said...

But if I start baking, how will I find time to blog??

Kazzy said...

Well - blogging happens while the baked goods are in the oven, then you have 10-40 minutes of "hurry up and wait time" which are best used blogging!!! grin