Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Sleep, interrupted

My first day off, of a few. It feels strange being off with no big plans, or plans to get out of dodge. Instead, I am doing the odds and sods around the house you never seem to have enough time for.

You know how it is, attempting to sleep in to be woken up by a telemarketer, only to realize an hour later when you wake up in a true sweat that someone forgot to turn the heat off so it is a balmy 90 degrees and you feel slightly naseaous as a result. It was a good day, I have no idea where the time went, nor did I feel all that motivated to get my personal list of chores done. No more laundry to do, which is a bonus.

It is strange not really having an agenda though - I think I will do some baking, I will try to catch up with a few friends, but there is nothing absolutely pressing. Maybe get the car through aircare (finally) and perhaps attempt to relax too.

I have a thick folder of my poetry attempts, I think a side project will be to put them in an electronic format and perhaps work on them a bit. Judging from the stack of paper, that is a job in itself! Other than that, nothing all that prolific is coming to mind tonight.

1 comment:

Gilly said...

Hey Tarzan!! Thanks for the crazy voicemails...my flatmates think you're crazy. Tried to convince them that you have 2 degrees and a very responsible job. Can't say they bought it. :-)