Saturday, July 1, 2006

Happy Day to be a Canadian

Happy Canada Day!

I can't say that I am always patriotic, but there are moments that I am so aware of the fact that I am Canadian, and so damn proud of where I am from and what our country attempts to represent that I am fairly moved by it all - especially when the anthem is sung, the more spontaneous the better. I recall one Canada Day, out at a large outdoor concert, imbibing some brewskies and watching the Hip. It was amazing. I remember a few years ago, wandering around the waterfront with my sweetie, a place where I lived when I was young with the sun on my face, the salmon BBQ, the families everywhere, and the buzzzzzz.

Maybe that is part of the reason I love plaid and love hockey. It is in my blood. That and the blood of how many other nationalities from peoples that made their way west? Today should be a great day of visiting, spending some time in the sun, making a fruit crisp, and enjoying my first official day of Maternity Leave.

Happy Canada Day! I would say enjoy a cold one, but well...


1 comment:

Refinnej said...

Hey. That "large outdoor concert" you refer to? Was it the one at UBC where you abandoned me for some guy from Alberta? LOL