Friday, July 21, 2006

Heat Wave

Well, we made it to friday and I am getting more and more antsy/excited/anxious/impatient and who knows how else to describe this gamut of emotions.

I must have taunted the sleeping gods something fierce with my last post since sleep was completely optional last night it seems. Finally got out of bed and headed for the couch about 4am, and resorted to the old stand by to help me fall asleep - a Hary P0tter movie.. for some reason, about 30-40 minutes in... they help me slumber. ??!?!?? I don't ask, at this point I just did. Slept off and on, slept a bit this morning, and now I am just rolling with it.

Ken and I attempted to escape the heat and catch a matinee only to be surprised by a power outtage... now we are trying to escape the heat inside, the cats are hogging all the space in front of the fans, and there has been some amazing footage on the big news channel about a 2 hour chase in the gun toting capital of the US. Amazing how compelling it can be to watch stuff like this - to see how things resolve, as you as glued to your seat.

Tonight some socializing with some dear friends, who knows how late/long I will last, but it will be great to hang and compare stories from the last year :] I look back a year and EVERYTHING feels different. It is kind of cool. I can't believe I have been keeping this blog for more than a year. This is a helluva way to keep an ongoing diary. It will be interesting six months from now to check out my head space in the days (hours?) before birth and the next set of changes.

But for now, I can't help but laugh that it seems we have picked the hottest time of the whole year to have a baby!

No comments: