Monday, June 5, 2006

Bizarro

So it appears a new trend is happening in my life. Waking up at 5am.

Then staring at the ceiling, willing myself back to sleep. Giving up, grabbing my book, and trying not to wiggle too much and wake up Ken.

*SIGH*

Perhaps this is my body's idea of "core training" in preparation for the early mornings to come... who knows. It sure is weird. So far gone are the days where it took no effort at all to sleep in until noon. Now I would be happy to sleep unbroken until 8 am!!! Funny how relative everything is. I have been reading up a storm lately, 2 or 3 books a week, and searching out baby week flyers. Things are getting more and more real as the days are slipping by. It is amazing to think that the bumps and kicks in my belly are a real person, and that this real person is going to be moving in with us!! As well, this person is a product of Ken and I, a blend of everything we are. Seeing baby pictures is starting to make me feel a LOT more sentimental now, and I must say, there are limits as to how many birth stories one should expose themselves too. I think it is really easy to scare the hell out of yourself with all the possibilities. It is like getting on a rollar coaster, you just want to squeeze your eyes shut and yell and scream a little, maybe a few high pitched hoots and hollers too for good measure. Amazing to think that within so many weeks I will probably be talking about my own birth story.... woah dude.

No comments: