Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Thought of the moment

"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground"

See. Nothing wrong in life with being a total nutter. See, proof that I am indeed grounded.

Besides learning how to let go of some stuff, I am also learning how to start to say "no"in a more effective manner. I have tended to overcommit myself at times, and well, given the NWO, it is time to be a little more focused on the homefront and trim off the not so necessary parts. Ok, talk about dancing around an issue and not coming out and saying it eh? I have been involved in a few committees at work, and the time has come to look at them under the microscope and make decisions on what I am, and not able to do at this time. It does refocus things when it starts to become a reality that I will be going on a mat leave in a few months, and there will an automatic dissociation that comes with it. It is actually quite "free-ing". A time to break some old patterns, maybe start a few new ones, slowly over the next 1-2 years.

No comments: