Monday, February 27, 2006

The good..

Yesterday I went to a shower hosted by Ken's side of the family. It was strange, I was a little nervous in the morning before I went.. I started to do house cleaning, and just putzing around before I actually started to get ready. It was a wonderful afternoon, and I felt very spoiled and very grateful. Everything also became a lot more real in those moments, especially when I realized that I was being truly welcomed in to a new family, and that hat full of bows was for me!!!
It felt like a rite of passage when it was tied under my chin, and it was a great day.

By the time I got home though, I was done like dinner. I felt all chatted out, and just a bit tired around the edges. Lots to take in, and I think I needed some processing time.

I think the wedding plans are going well, I have a big list of which I am slowly crossing things off, and in the next week, I will try to nail down as many deets as possible.

Also had a little shopping excusion the other day to MAC. Avoided the ladies there, and went for the young man with full lipstick and concealer on to help us out. He was great - showed me some great tips on what to do, and I learned that some of my facial redness comes from the fact that I have DRY skin??? WHO KNEW. Talk about denial... once he applied a liberal amount of moisturizer on my face, he went to say I will let that soak in before I try to show you how to hide your redness and the gallon of cream was already soaked in and he proceeded to use a different kind of face powder that didn't give me a pale matte look!!! Well, that was a learning experience. I haven't been open to help with makeup for years, so it was a great experience and I have some great notes (and a few new items) for the big day!! (Gilly you would be so proud!!)

1 comment:

Gilly said...

That's AWESOME Kazzy!! Can't wait to see some new looks when I get home! MAC rules!