Monday, February 27, 2006

The not so good

The last few days my gums have been a bit dodgy up in the upper left hand quadrant, and I have been feeling a wee bit nervous about what has been going on up there (even though I have been practising some of the best personal dental care of my life)..

Well, by last night, I was getting a cold feeling in my gut that all was not right, and things were heading south. Ken could tell something was up, and it all had to do with old fears of dental work, and knowing I was heading for more. If I tap on the tooth, it hurts like hell. If I push on the area around it, yup, that hurts too. When I smile.. my cheek hurts.

BLOODY HELL.

After not sleeping much last night, and waking up in pain, and chewing on ice cubes to numb the area, I knew I was making a call to the dentist in the morning because this does not bode well. My appt is at 2:30 and I hope this isn't leading to a root canal... *SIGH* And nope, this isn't the tooth that I managed to sheer off three weeks ago, that was the right side. I guess I am aiming for balance this go around.

No comments: