Thursday, February 9, 2006

BAH.

So, I attempted to set something of a bridal registry up today. BAH. What an experience!!! I was definitely not thrilled with the selection at my local Bay store, and not with most of the prices either!! I ended up looking at the registry as more of a guideline, not this is where I want this item from, or this name brand from!!! I also created a pretty slim registry as well...

For example, I want a white fabric shower curtain - but not for the tune of $89.99 !! LIKE O M G

Some stuff was just outrageous, and I know I can do so much better for both selection and price... really makes you stop and go HMMMM. Like a wedding photo album.. all they had were memory albums, and well, I have a guest book so much of the information in the "memory" album is redundant and I want somewhere to put my pictures! I think that has been one of the hardest things, figuring out what we want and need, and then figuring out how to get that out to people, if they want ideas. I don't make a good shopper. By the time I walked out there, I was ready to go home and just have a moment. Plus those people want to chat, and I got an eye roller. And then when you really needed someone on the sales floor, they would start to run the other way as soon as you made eye contact!!

WEIRD... WEIRD... WEIRD. Just having a general list sure sounds like a better idea right now. Why does Ken have to be more right about these kind of things?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had the most luck with people who have registered at Canadian Tire, IKEA, MEC, or Walmart. And BTW, I almost bought a beautiful white fabric shower curtain at Canadian Tire for a solid $39.99... ;)