Thursday, January 5, 2006

Random bits

So, I ran in to an old friend from a past life the other day. When she asked for my number, I hesitated, and really thought about it, do I need this person in my life now? Do I have anything to say? She had two kids clinging to her, and was saying that her marriage was on the rocks and then quickly followed up about the date she had been on just before NYE. She was like a strange blast from the past, a circle of friends I haven't spoken to in at least 7, maybe 8 years for many a good reason. I was like the white sheep in a bunch of black sheeps and knew it had been my time to move on. It felt weird, but I gave her my work number. Where I have call display. Cowards way out perhaps? But it felt right because I knew I didn't want to dodge her calls at home, and it would be easy enough to at work.

Once again, sometimes those past moments remind you of just how happy you are to be in your current pair of shoes.

I am definitely getting more hormonal. My moods are crazy at times, or just edgier. I have definitely had a few sniffles so far. You know, like when they play the national anthem when Canada wins at hockey again... Will have to attempt to keep a handle on that and make sure I don't scare off the people I love the most!!!

No comments: