Friday, January 20, 2006

Friday?

It seems that every friday I ever have off, at 10 am I can't believe how much time I have to myself, and then about 3pm, how damn fast my day has gone!

By the time today rolled around, I was gleeful to be on my own for a day and just to deal with me. I think I hit that point where I just needed some time to be and putter around the house, no TV, no music blaring.. just me and the cats.

I finished off Tuesdays with Morrie and I think I cried through the last 50 pages. It struck pretty close to home, having myself watched a dear friend whither away from a fatal disease. One of many one liners really struck home, " death ends a life, not a relationship." I have never looked at it like that, but it resonates. Just because someone is gone doesn't mean you stop caring, or valuing the memories that you have, and people do live on in the love we have for them. So my eyes have had that gritty feeling to them all day.

I think I have turned a corner, and it seems that my energy is coming back. I cleaned like a fiend today, and almost filled up a container of garbage, and have some stuff ready to donate to the Sally Anne. I swept, and I made a few new cushion covers (in the process turning 4 little pillows in to 2 bigger pillows), I puttered, and now it is past 6!!! Tonight I get to be a super fan at hockey, cheering on the Crushers!

No comments: