Tuesday, January 17, 2006

it's out there

The last phase of my "shock and awe" campaign has drawn to a close.

Work now knows, and it went off better than I thought it would, especially when I revealed a due date smack in the middle of summer. It felt good to finally tell them, especially since I am at work a fair bit. It's also good to know how long I have to work before I get a huge break - although it will be a new type of work that is waiting for me.

I guess my coworkers were expecting me to announce that I had a new job - they figured I was at a job interview yesterday, and not at the docs!! It was just such a crazy moment, I was just glad that I had already drafted out my plans for when I would take vacation time, and then mat leave, and then vacation when I expect to go back to work yesterday.. I could feel my face flush, and my heart start to pound.. and then it was all over. Definitely made it hard to concentrate today!!!

It feels like a whole new stage though - definite confirmation, I am sure that I am just glowing, and the wedding plans are coming together. Some moments it is like "WOAH, dude." Other moments it is just so amazing I just have a silly grin on my face. Amazing to think that last year when we were busy saving our cat, we were busy doing something else too!!!!

No comments: