Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow?

I have the feeling that this year will fly. I am mentally prepping myself to head back to work, and I know the next three days will pass by in a crazy blur of people and things to do.

The season wrapped up a little differently than the past few - our truck decided to give us a few issues on the First, so we didn't make it to a Polar Bear Dip. First time since the 98/99 year I haven't gone in!! It was strange, but I guess that was how it was meant to be. So, we had a quiet first, got the truck going again (loose evasive hose), and saw an early show... YES. That means I finally saw the latest HP. It was great. Definitely not a kiddie movie though - and all the trailers were geared at the under 10 set.. have these folks seen the movie???

Ventured in to the mall today, ran some errands, did a small exchange and was grateful that the mall was not mobbed (low tolerance for chilling in the mall, missing that gene). After all the rich food, it was time for a big greek salad for dinner. YUMMY!!!!

Just finished reading The Kite Runner. It was a great read, sad at times, but a good book and well worth spending a few hours. Amazing for a first novel, quite evokative. You don't always like the protagonist, but he does come around by the end of the tale.

Have completed avoided doing laundry. May have to break soon and get some loads going, everything else has held a lot more appeal than cleaning clothes this week. I have also emailed myself a list for tomorrow, to remind myself that I need to kick it back in to gear and get the ball rolling again - lots to do and plan in a short amount of time. Still been feeling pretty good overall, with the exception of needing to chew down on some tums, here and there!

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

I TOLD you it was a good read!

:-D