Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It fits!

My dress was delivered today!!! It fits, and to quote my brother "You look like angel".

What a relief. There is always an element of risk when you buy something sight unseen, but it sure does take a weight off of your chest when things fit the way they should and the dress is beautiful - the detail work is just fab.

*big sigh*

House is strangely quiet. Apparently out in the Northern wilds of Red Deer, Ken's brothers are driving the rental car out on the lake. What a crazy Canada that exists beyond Hope. The lake is totally frozen, and there are areas where people skate, cars, trucks, and snowmobiles are all over the place, and people ice fishing. WOAH DUDE. One day I will have to check out a real Canadian winter. Ours is such a teaser compared to the rest of the Northern world. Us and Seattle compete for yearly rain totals, while everyone else gets to deal with truly inclement weather.

It still feels strange announcing to people that I am pregnant. It is weird when you aren't really showing yet, perhaps except for the nice breakout I have happening, and there are some tidbits of good advice I think I am picking up. Some of the stories are pretty daunting, and I think at that point you just need to plug yer ears and take what you need and move on from there.

Two days of total meetings at work. I so want to hide out in my office tomorrow!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay on the dress! you sure showed those tight*ss bridal store barbies! I can't wait to see this beautiful dress of yours...

Anonymous said...

Oh what a relief it must be that the dress fits. So...gonna show us a pic?

Kazzy said...

I can't show a pic until after the wedding because DH comes around the blog every now and then!!!

May be able to think of another way to get it out there though.. HMM!!