Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Spam. Spam. Spam. Green eggs and Spam.

Last week I inadvertently discovered that my email addy had a previous "owner".

Whomever this person was liberally scattered their email addy far and wide across the net because O M G do I get a lot of spam. Sure, I am a SAHM right now and getting emails is great, but when you get 30 spams in a day, and perhaps 1 0r 2 emails from real people, the thrill of the popularity quickly diminishes. I am trying to opt-out of as many as I can, and hell, I have my spam filter working overtime, but the spam keeps on breeding! I like my new email addy so I will continue to hit that delete key, but hopefully the tide will turn sooner rather than later because the spam is a royal pain in the ass.

On another note, I uttered the fateful words to my folks before they left on holidays - "if something happens while you are gone that you have no control over, we won't tell you about it until you get home". I figured that made sense, since when you are a few thousand miles away, there really isn't anything you can do at that point. Well, we realized yesterday that after about 3 days of no heating sounds, that the furnace was indeed off and even Ken was wearing socks around the house and Brandon was in a few extra layers. Thankfully my BIL rocks and was able to come over and lend a helping hand today and successfully relit our pilot light! Disaster averted!

I also seemed to spend a lot of time away from the house this weekend, paying forward a good deal to my bro and nephew, and then getting myself a new coat. I am now the proud owner of a swanky (IMHO) pea coat that actually fits! I figured that since it has been 1995 since I sprung for a new coat (rather than hand-me-downs no matter how cool they are they weren't bought with me in mind) it was time. I got to wear it out yesterday and I felt like a cool chic in my coat... that is until I bent over to put something in to the stroller and ripped the ass out of my pants. Then I was truly grateful I had a new coat because it covered my new ventilation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO.

sorry, I can't help but laugh at the pants splitting. That's SO something that would happen to me.

Yay for the new coat!

Anonymous said...

Bwa ha ha! Good job on the coat shopping, now go get yourself some new pants!