Friday, November 24, 2006

A prolific week

It seems I have had the occaisonal moment here and there in the chaos to actually be a somewhat regular poster this week. What a wacked out week it was.

At this point, we have heat, which is a good thing. I know now about thermal couplings thanks to my BIL whom very graciously replaced ours today after the pilot light extinguished itself again.

We have also been through 3 TPR valves. Urm. What is this language I doth speak? Temperature/Pressure Release valves that extend out of your hot water tank. Ours no longer seem to want to hold the water in, and unfortunately we have exhausted our cumulative knowledge. It is surprising how much we rely on turning on the tap and having luxurious warm water come out at will! Ah well, a learning experience and it was cool watching Ken and his bro work together as a team. I am definitely grateful Ken is mechanically inclined and not afraid to try, and work things out as best as any of us can with our knowledge logically of what could be going down.

That has been the excitement for the week. Stressing about heat and water, thinking we were in the clear, and then back to reading warranties and googling various bits of water tank lore for answers. Now I am enjoying a quiet moment, there are enough bottles done, I have a semi-interesting book to read that I suspect I will blitz through because the print is really big, and the dust bunnies have been banished back to the corners. The strong bow I had earlier tasted damn fine and the general sentiment was TGIF. On a total aside, I think I did my hibiscus plant in by not taking it in to the house soon enough when the weather started to turn and I have banished it back outside after all the leaves decided to become floor decoration.

Oddly enough, I have this great cactus that I think I have completely scared in to reproduction of the species since it is still outside and adorned with no less than 9 blooms. Sometimes it is best to not ask questions and I think I will bring it in from the cold tomorrow, before the mercury really decides to head south.

No comments: