Saturday, January 29, 2011

Alright teeth, come in already

If it isn't a whinge about sorting and letting go, it must be a little whinge about teething. Damn, it is getting old. I was so glad once we started Connor out on real food, and once he cut his first tooth... now I can't wait for those incisors to finally cut.. get those four up, and then the 2 year old molars, and we are laughing.. that is until the next milestone.

When you are pregnant, you don't realize that you trade one milestone for the next, and then one worry, for something different. Kids make you appreciate that things evolve and change all the time, regardless of whether or not we want it to.

I can't believe we will have one kid starting kindergarten this year. Woah. It also looks like we won't be completely firm in what school the Don will be in until the fall rolls around. It seems we are on the waiting list.. and I can't really ask where we are on that list, until after the 4th. Waiting sucks. Right up there with teething.

Today I also learned my youngest is not so good at feeding the ducks. He wanted to throw himself in the lake to catch those ducks. It was a misty morning, not really raining, damp and cold. Cabin fever has struck, so I figured just bundle up and head out. I will post a pic or two tomorrow... but my little guy was covered in mud because he really wanted to get to those ducks. He would lay on the ground, and laugh, and then try to crawl under the fence so he could get closer... Our big walk this morning was all of 100 metres - a little feeding, a little child herding, and honestly, a little bit of fun even if it gets old picking your child up repeatedly and putting him back on the right side of the fence. It is all about the little joys.

No comments: