Friday, June 26, 2009

Totally frittering away time

So, I figure baby is close. Some random contractions, and well, Saturday is getting closer and closer. What a crazy day yesterday was - between MJ and Farrah... glad baby decided to stay in for another day or two...

I was up most of the night finishing off my book - World Without End. It was a good read - I am glad I saved it to truly enjoy the 1000 pages, but it was a shade off the original Pillars of the Earth... either that or because this was somewhat a follow up, I had an inkling of what kind of saga to expect... and it did deliver, and it was a good book.

Today feels like hurry up and wait, and my motivation to putter and do stuff has completely evaporated. Time is flitting by, and I can't say that I have done anything profound. Except perhaps some fleeting thoughts I would have loved to have written down at 4am after I finished my book, but the thought of actually getting up at that point was just not happening.

I have had a few irritable moments today - in some regards, I feel a bit under a microscope... is it now? soon? what is happening? what does that look mean? that slight hitch in your voice, is it significant? do we pack up and run for the hospital? what about dinner? how regular are these random contractions? was this how it felt last time? how to make Brandon feel like a rock star tonight? how to get some snuggles with Ken in before chaos erupts? where is my crystal ball?

Nothing prolific or profound. Just waiting. A little impatient. A little nervous.

Must be time to make some rice crispy squares!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Gah. I should have gone over with that stuff! I could have helped you while away the time. Although I'm 2 minutes from the hospital so give me a call if you need anything :)

And yeah, I felt the same way about Pillars of the Earth and World Without End.

Michelle said...

I think someone needs spicy food ;O and raspberry tea.Or maybe time at a certain waterpark?????